Can you use some support right now . . . ?
[Please complete the form below by clicking on NEXT at the bottom of the page]
Building on the work by the Gauteng-based mental health/wellness group - MH-CARE-for-COVID-Gauteng, who initiated a program supporting health care workers during this challenging period, a group of stakeholders subsequently became involved in this process. These include the South African Medical Association (SAMA), the South African Society of Anaesthesiologists (SASA) and the Critical Care Society of Southern Africa (CCSSA), the South African Society of Psychiatrists (SASOP), and the South African Depression and Anxiety Support Group (SADAG). We are also pursuing close liaison with the Psychological Society of SA (PsySSA).
Thank you for being on the frontline. We salute you!
This is surely an unprecedented time for health care workers, and we are here to assist you as needed.
If you are a health care worker or support worker in a medical setting during this national COVID response effort and could use some emotional support, please complete this form below.
How does it work?
- Please start by completing the form below.
- Please indicate whether you are requesting routine or urgent support.
- If you require urgent attention, please also call these national hotlines:
- SADAG on 0800 323 323 or 0800 567 567, or the
- Akeso Emergency Response Line on 0861 435 787
- You will receive notification that your form has been submitted.
- For routine support you will be contacted within 48 hour, notifying you which mental health care practitioner in your area has been notified and is available to support you.
- Please contact them and confirm the consultation as soon as possible.
- Our volunteer mental health care practitioners have committed to up to four pro-bono sessions per person.
- You will be asked to sign a simple consent form.
- Please know that all information shared is confidential.
- This submission and referral service is administrated by identified psychiatrists in each region, who abide by all HPCSA ethical and professional guidelines.